New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has launched a competition that calls for about 80 micro studio apartments of 275 to 300 square feet in Manhattan. The city is seeking proposals to design, construct and operate the micro-unit building on a city-owned site. Seattle already has a number of these type units, some of which a developer dubbed apodments. Here is the Wall Street Journal story about the competition.
- Hotels – on restoring and enhancing history
- Washington’s Energy Future Conference is Nov. 1, 2016
- Trudeau “Yes” to LNG: Not the Last Word
- Check out the latest video fly-through for the new International Arrivals Facility
- Franklin Pierce Schools, Mukilteo School District named Seahawks’ week one Champions of Sustainability
Nuts and Bolts blog archive
Building Green blog archive